The AURES II fifth of six planned regional workshops took place online, on 23rd October 2020. Our Regional Workshops are held to validate intermediate results, collect feedback and new information, and disseminate project results.
The theme of the workshop is The impact of auctions on the renewable energy sector: The impact of auctions and their design elements on firms, renewable energy sectors and countries were discussed, mostly with a European focus.
All the details about the sessions can be found in the workshop agenda, available here.
The workshop is aimed at RES industries and power suppliers, as well as other stakeholders such as policy makers, regulators and associations.
(There were some problems with the slides of one presentation: the viewer may want to skip the video between 20.02 – 23.15)
List of the presentation: click on the links to download
- Session 1: The future outlook of renewable energy auctions in Spain (Ministry of Ecological Transition and Demographic Challenge)
- Session 2: Lessons learnt from auctions in Spain (Lucía Dólera – APPA Spanish Renewable Energy Association)
- Session 3: Auctions and the Spanish wind energy value chain (Heikki Willstedt – AEE Spanish Wind Energy Association)
- Session 4: Empirical analysis of the impacts of auctions on the supply chain (Pablo del Río – CSIC/AURES II)
- Session 5: The end of the RES auction? Scenarios for the future of the instrument (Oscar Fitch-Roy – University of Exeter/AURES II)
- Session 6: Cross-border auctions (Felix von Bluecher – Guidehouse/Navigant/AURES II)
- Session 7: Lessons learnt from AURES II case studies (László Szabo – REKK/AURES II)
- Session 8: Risk landscape in the EU in relation to auctions (Agustin Roth – Eclareon/AURES II)
- Session 9: Overview and analysis of multi-technology auctions and their technology biases (Vasilios Anatolitis – Fraunhofer ISI/AURES II)